WHAT INSPIRES ME

I am often asked what inspires me as far as coming up with my outfits. 
Well, in a word,  EVERYTHING! lol The sky, a tree, a particular flower, magazine ads, billboards, store displays, people walking down the street, things people wear in movies, other bloggers, fashion shows, etc. but what inspires me most is...my mood!


My most recent inspiration came from an ad in my Harper's Bazaar. The colors in this Bottega Veneta dress from their 2012 spring line really spoke to me. I loved the bright color that was blocked with the darker color along with the sexy pop of red. Immediately, I went to my closet to see what I could come up with using this same color combo.


What ever you choose to take from the inspiration is up to you. In most cases I only use the color combinations. I am always striving to do something fresh and new while remaining authentic to my own personal style. I use inspiration but I never completely copy a look from head to toe. My looks will always have some "Kiah" in them. ;-) What inspires your style?


THE INSPIRATION 

MY INTERPRETATION


With Love,
Kiah

Comments

This outfit is VERY gorgeous!!!! Actually, you are gorgeous!!
Laura said…
So inspiring and inspired by you =)
Loving how you took the colors and the shapes and made them you!

Gotta love adds that inspire!!!
Unknown said…
I'm the same. I can find inspiration almost anywhere, and it helps that I can see beauty in almost everything and everyone. Like you, I like to be individual about it at the same time, so I cam be inspired, but still be true to my own style, whatever that is :) Oh, and I too love colour. Luckily colour suits us :)

http://www.RebequitasFashionBlog.BlogSpot.com
Anonymous said…
I love it, very nice. I to fnd inspiration evreywere. Looking fabulous as always!!

www.fashion1psychology.wordpress.com
mispapelicos said…
I take your interpretation any day, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. You are so Unique, my dear friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Thick Threads said…
love the colors! such a great outfit! :) you are an inspiration too! :)

xo
A_Riot
The BV is so gorgeous isn't it?! I think I may give that combo a shot as well!
Lydia Armstrong said…
YOU inspire me! I keep binders of magazine pages that inspire me to reference for outfit ideas.
great spin on the outfit! you wear color so well :-) inspired by you, as i have said mant times before!

~nic
Unknown said…
cute outfit Kiah. I love color blocked anything and this is simple and fab. Good twist from the magzine.-Leah

Broke Fatshion
LA Lynn's said…
Such a inspiration... love the REMIX!!!!
You are wonderfully creative. I like your inspiration outfit much better than the original. Yours truly is inspired and you look beautiful.
Love Love Love this look...and the color combo is pretty fly!

Myeshia

http://Full-FiguredDiva.blogspot.com
Kerissa said…
You are good at recreating different looks. What I like most is you give it your own twist. I love the colors. I thrifted a similar pencil skirt and would wear it every week if the kids wouldn't notice.
Kiah, this is a lovely recreation of that inspired look! I am trying to get inspiration from more than just outfit photos!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights