JESUS CHANGED MY LIFE AND I WANT HIM TO CHANGE YOURS TOO! HERE'S WHY YOU SHOULD KNOW JESUS...
1.) Many people think they will go to heaven because they have lived a good life. Perhaps, they treat all of their neighbors fairly. Maybe they volunteer for charity work and have never broken the law. Maybe they were even baptized or go to church regularly. But the Bible -God's Word - says that no one can live up to God's standard of righteousness - so doing these things will not get you into heaven.
- Romans "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one ...."
- Romans "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God ...."
- Romans "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
2.) Salvation (deliverance from danger or suffering for your sin) cannot be earned. Everyone is a sinner and deserves death, but God gives eternal life. So how can we receive God's gift of eternal life?
- Romans "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth ...."
3.) To be saved, we must believe the gospel. The word "gospel" means "good news". But before we can believe the good news, we have to know what it is.
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel ... that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures ...."
4.) This is the gospel which we must believe in order to be saved. Now, how does believing this gospel save us?
- Romans 5:8-9 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him."
- Romans 3:22-26 "Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation (appeasing sacrifice) through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."
5.) We can be saved from the wrath of God, because Jesus Christ, the Son of God, died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins and rose from the dead. He paid the price for us, and we are justified in God's eyes through our faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works lest any man should boast." There will be no boasting in heaven. We cannot be saved by our own righteousness, but only by God's grace, through faith.
- Ephesians 1:13-14 "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory."
6.) Once we believe the gospel, we are sealed with God's Holy Spirit. This is God's deposit, that guarantees he will redeem us, whom our Lord Jesus Christ "purchased with his own blood" (Acts ).
Right now, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you a sinner?
- Do you want to be rescued from your sin?
- Do you believe Jesus Christ has paid God's price of perfection for us by giving God his life--dying on the cross--then rising from the dead in victory over sin and death?
- Are you willing to surrender control of your life to Jesus Christ?
- Are you ready to invite Jesus to into your life and into your heart?
If so, pray this:
Heavenly Father, thank you for loving me enough to send your son Jesus into this world to show me how I can know You. I believe Jesus died and paid the price for my sin so that I wouldn't have to, and rose from the dead in victory over sin. I'm ready to give up my control of my life and want to let Jesus have control. Please forgive me of my sin and make me like You. Lord Jesus, come into my life and and be my Savior and my Lord. Thank you for loving me enough to die for me. Show me how to live for You and follow You always. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.
If you have prayed this, what does this mean? It means you've been rescued from your sin and are now a child of God. It doesn't matter who you are or what you've done. Romans says, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." YOU have now been rescued and set free from your old way of life by Jesus.
WHAT TO DO NOW
Read the Bible regularly and frequently--it's your spiritual food and strength. Learn as much as you can about Jesus. Pray every day. Prayer is conversation with God. You can pray any time, no matter what you've done. God wants to talk with you, and Jesus promised He would never turn away anyone who came to Him. (John 6:37). Find a church congregation where Jesus Christ is honored, where the Bible is taught and where everyone is welcomed. Tell other people about how Jesus has rescued you from your sin and has given you a brand new life.
I am here for you. If you have questions about Jesus or just need prayer please send me an email at email@example.com
God Bless, Kiah
God Bless, Kiah